Suitable for anyone who delivers group education sessions.
Morning – Understanding adult learners and learners needs
- How adults learn – how information is retained, what stimulates ideas, how to encourage action
- The key characteristics of adult learners – what they need and want from training sessions
- 5 components of effective learning sessions – the most important things learners need to perform effectively
- How to use the training cycle to inform design and facilitation
Afternoon – Designing powerful and interactive learning sessions
- The importance of energy – encouraging interaction and participation
- Designing learning activities that stimulate discussion and embed learning
- Designing a session from scratch (from an hour to a full day) – how to identify learning outcomes and aims and build a session that has variety, interest and delivers long lasting results
Morning – The secrets of great facilitation
- The importance of group dynamics - how to manage these effectively with small and large groups.
- Facilitators toolkit – using questions, body language, pace and activities to create energy, stimulate discussion and encourage focus.
- Using resources effectively – when and how to use flip charts, power-point, training activities, handouts
Afternoon – Facilitating in the moment and evaluating learning
- Facilitating in the moment – overcoming nerves, dealing with challenges, managing audiences, adjusting style to suit the group
- An introduction to Kirkpatrick’s model of evaluation
- Choosing the right evaluation approach
- Linking evaluation forms to the training cycle
Using learning quizzes and activities to test and embed knowledge.