The aim of this MOODLE session is to provide an annual update to facilitate new knowledge and skills for nurse mentors registered on the Trust database, ensuring adherence Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Mentorship standards to Support Learning and Assessment in Practice - SLAiP (2008).
All students undertaking an NMC approved pre-registration nursing programme must be supported to develop their clinical competence and be assessed by a qualified mentor who has undertaken an annual update. Mentors have a responsibility to update their knowledge and skills according to NMC SLAiP Standards (2008) and a Trust requirement to inform their managers of their current mentorship status during their appraisal for triennial review and revalidation.
This MOODLE session provides an interactive quiz to acquire new skills and knowledge of the mentoring process. This session can be accessed for two years within the triennial review/revalidation period, followed by a face-to-face session in the 3rd year.
- Recognise the importance of mentoring and adherence to the NMC SLAiP Standards.
- Recognise the importance of timely completion of the students practice documents and the impact on student progression.
- Apply the method of triangulation of evidence when assessing student’s competence to ensure fitness for practice. To participate in mentoring judgment scenarios using MCQ scenarios.
- Formative - MCQ self-assessment to establish prior knowledge.
- Formative - Participation in interactive quizzes.
- Formative – Demonstration of appropriate judgments in MCQ scenarios.
- Summative - Self assessment quiz.
Mentors - Nursing
Approximately 1 hour – 3-month enrolment.
A qualified mentor to student nurses who requires an annual update and has completed a face to face update within the past 3 years. Your status will be cross checked for eligibility and evidence of an NMC recognised qualification may be requested.
Email: -[email protected].