Criteria for application:
- You must be in year 12+
- Have at least 3 GCSE's C or above (5/6) in English, Maths and a Science
- Currently studying a Health and Social Care qualification, Access to Nursing or are submitting a UCAS with the view to go to University to study Midwifery/Nursing
- Must supply a reference
Placement is based at Good Hope Hospital only
Dependent upon the workload this experience can be varied.
The opportunity to observe:
- Predominately you will see antenatal patients
- Ultrasound Scan (USS)
- Glucose Tolerance Tests (GTT's)
- Cardiotocography (CTG’s)
- History taking
- Blood tests
- Pre operative assessments
- Other associated care
You will be assigned to a midwife who you will shadow throughout the day and you will also have access to the Student midwives ‘Menu of Learning’ which you are encouraged to go through and then discuss the opportunities available to you.
- If you do not hear back within 28 days this will have meant that your application has been unsucessful
- Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to give feedback or confirm if we have receive your application
- Completion of the form does not guarantee or confirm your placement as your application will need to be reviewed to ensure safety and suitability of the placement
Further information: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/midwifery
Please return by e-mail to: [email protected] (Please note emails to this email address are not 100% secure).