Increasing confidence and competence in on-call respiratory physiotherapy assessments, techniques and treatments through the use of high fidelity simulation equipment.
Aimed at physiotherapy staff who have little exposure to respiratory patients on a day-to-day basis. To ensure a safe and effective on-call service.
1. Assess and treat patients in a basic ‘on-call’ scenario
2. Be able to execute respiratory techniques to a high standard (e.g suctioning, manual hyperinflation)
3. Improved confidence as a member of the on-call / out of hours physiotherapy service
1. Group feedback, competency assessment sheet completed by course facilitator.
2. Not assessed. Interactive practise session
3. Guided reflection to complete post-course
Suitable for qualified physiotherapists participating in on-call rotas. At present by invitation only. Any queries please contact facilitators as outlined below.
Please contact Graeme Stygall and Pearlene Antoine-Pitterson on Ext: (0121 42) 49045