In view of the current Public Health England information about Coronavirus/COVID-19 and the emerging situation day-to-day, we have taken the regrettable decision to postpone all work experience placements for the foreseeable future.
Clinical experience gives you a first-hand look into the daily life of a healthcare professional. The experience will enable you to make informed choices about your future career. Undertaking work experience is important as it shows that you have been proactive and confident about your future choice.
- Shadowing provides you with many benefits such as:
- Interaction with the multi-disciplinary team
- Communicating with patients and relatives
- Build relationships
- First-hand experience of patient care
- Building on knowledge
- Experience of working within a busy NHS environment
Criteria for application:
- You must be in year 12 or above and serious about a career in medicine
- At least 5 GCSE's at grade A or A* (7-9) including Maths, English and a Science
- A school reference is required - This must be supplied upon submitting application
Please note: All applications will be subjected to a selection and short listing process.
- If you do not hear back within 28 days this will have meant that your application has been unsucessful
- Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to give feedback or confirm if we have receive your application
- Completion of the form does not guarantee or confirm your placement as your application will need to be reviewed to ensure safety and suitability of the placement
Further information: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/doctors
Please return by e-mail to: [email protected] (Please note emails to this email address are not 100% secure).